Covenant and Details about Gathering for Drive-In Service
UPDATE: I am excited to announce a new opportunity during Sermon on the Sidewalk. Beginning September 6, we are allowing camp styled seating at the Sermon on the Sidewalk.
Here are the top eight things to know if you want to participate in camp-styled seating:
- Sermon on the Sidewalk begins at 11:00AM in the CLUMC parking lot.
- Upon arrival, a parking lot attendant will ask if you will ask how you plan to participate in the service and will direct you to the respective parking area.
- Camp styled seating will require walking on uneven ground; if you are unable to navigate uneven ground we ask that you remain in your vehicle and participate through your radio.
- In case of rain we will limit participation to FM transmission only.
- Those who wish to take advantage of the camp styled seating, provided good weather, will need to provide their own chair, blanket, or towel.
- The grounds will be marked according to distancing guidelines; please follow on-site attendants who can direct you to available marked spots.
- Masks are required of those who exit their vehicle.
- Restrooms will not be accessible even for those who use the camp styled seating.
Please remember this is an additional way to worship. You will still be able to access the service via FM transmitter at 87.9FM if you come to Sermon on the Sidewalk, and our full services will continue to be available on Facebook and YouTube.
For more information about how to participate with through your radio read below:
- Sermon on the sidewalk is drive-in experience beginning at 11:00am on Sunday mornings. The service will last approximately 20-25 minutes.
- There are no bulletins. The basic order of service will be: opening prayer, scripture lesson, sermon, joys and concerns, and a benediction.
- When you arrive your car will be ushered to a spot in the parking lot by a designated volunteer.
- You will be instructed to turn your radios to 87.9FM.
- Participants need to stay in their cars to maintain social distance. Cars will be parked in every other space so that participants can open their windows rather than leave their cars on. However, the church will not be open—even for the restroom.
- You can text your joys and concerns. You may do this during the service the drive-in experience or between 8-11am on Sunday mornings from your home.
- To share your joys and concerns text krystarexrod127 to 37607.
- You will receive a message back letting you know you have entered our private digital prayer room.
- Text your joys and concerns to be lifted up during the Pastoral Prayer