*updated September 5, 2021
Sisters and brothers,
Cross Lanes United Methodist Church is an active faith community.
Together, we will continue to utilize every tool at our disposal to grow in love of God and neighbor even as we lovingly, faithfully, cautiously approach our in-person gatherings. Together, we will continue to:
- Participate in worship online. Worship services are made available every Sunday morning and are archived on the church website.
In addition to online worship, the following in-person opportunities are available:
- Indoor, In-Person Worship: Indoor worship will be hosted at 8:30AM and 11:00AM. To learn more about the safety protocols in place and the shape of service click here.
- Communion: Communion is now being served in our worship services. The way Communion is served is fluid, and depends on the latest CDC recommendations. We are slated to serve Communion inside, in-person as well as to those in our parking lot on October 3, 2021.
- Enjoy small groups. To learn more about Book Club, Bible Study, or Sunday School opportunities email church leadership here.
If you are not yet connected to the Digest contact Communications chairperson, Jerry Meadows.
Currently (June 2021), we are in Phase III of our relaunch.
Phase III Guidelines
- All staff members and visitors are strongly advised to follow CDC guidance regarding masking and social distancing (six feet) upon entering CLUMC facilities. That is, a fully vaccinated person will not be required to wear a mask or practice social distancing. Unvaccinated (or not fully vaccinated) persons should continue to wear an appropriate mask and socially distance at least 6 feet apart. Current CDC recommendations will be posted on doors leading into the facilities and sanctuary.
- There will be no medical screening activities for individuals upon entry.
- Most church supported activities (internal and external) will be permitted, with the following limitations:
- Masking and social distancing for unvaccinated (or not fully vaccinated) persons is required.
- Activity leaders will ensure that proper space for adequate social distancing for unvaccinated attendees is provided.
- Any portion of CLUMC facilities used by groups that included unvaccinated persons will be cleaned/disinfected(activity leader responsibility with supplies provided by CLUMC) if the same area will be used by another group within 3 days.
- There will be no nursery services provided at this time.
- The kitchen will remain closed for two additional weeks (or July 1, whichever is latest) for environmental cleanup.
- Only commercially prepared and packaged food will be permitted inside the facilities.
These latest guidelines follow CDC’s attempt to provide greater clarity for the public in that the focus is now on reduced recommendations for fully vaccinated persons, continued recommendations for unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated persons, and less emphasis on facilities and the environment.